Delay Effects Pedal for Electric Guitar
- Vintage Echoplex EP-3 tape echo warmth and modulation used by greats such as Eddie Van Halen and David Gilmour
- Hi-fi analog and digital audio paths
- Age control varies delay tone from pristine to dark and dirty
- Delay control provides 40–750ms of delay time
- Tap jack provides up to 4 seconds of delay with M199 Tap Tempo Switch
- Studio-grade low noise floor
- Stereo In/Out capability when using TRS cables
- The delay signal has the same tonal circuitry as the Echoplex Preamp; note that this does not affect the analog signal that runs alongside the delay signal—if players want the full EP-3 experience, they should combine the EP103 with the EP101
|Bypass||true bypass, buffered bypass|
6 AVAILABLE FROM
* Product prices and availability are updated by Equipboard every 24hrs and are subject to change. Equipboard may receive compensation for purchases made at participating retailers linked on this site. This compensation does not affect what products or prices are displayed, or the order of prices listed. Learn more here.
Found 0 artists
Honestly, this is the most functional delay I've messed with it. I have no need for all of the fancy delays, but this one gets everything done damn well. The repeats come out in a beautiful way, especially with the modulation added on. The trails are dirty enough to sound great but not enough to be annoying. Also love using this with the time set as low as it can go, for an excellent doubled sound. My favorite delay.
The trails on this is just epic, organic and 3-dimensional. The bandwidth is wide so it sounds almost just as good with basses as guitars. All digital delays gets this kind of ugly static in the repeats when I play heavy handed with a lot of dirt in front of them. The grit just needs too much power to process and absorb I guess. I had to listen very hard to find the tiniest of static in this one. Maybe even an original Echoplex has a minimum of static too, so I can't say for sure that the tiny sizzle I heard shouldn't be there. The EP103 is by far the best sounding digital delay I have tried so far..
I love this pedal so much that i removed my Carbon Copy from my board
The delays sound like an old Maestro Tape Echoplex. I lived and died by my Echoplex and also my Roland Chorus Echo for tape delays. The problems that developed with the tape delays were due to capstans hardening or wearing physically. This delay does that with age setting without the hassle the tape delays where physical vibration disrupts live performance.
From Gear Setup: