East West Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra
Recorded by 11-time Grammy nominated classical recording engineer Prof. Keith O. Johnson, the EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA is the most awarded orchestral collection ever, including winning Sound On Sound's Reader's Choice Award an unp... read more
Found 0 artists
I bought the Gold Edition. Different Mic positions are great but can be achieved through editing reverb in your DAW. The sounds are sort of "synthy" but that makes them great to mix with electronic tracks! Be prepared to spend a lot of time installing the discs though!
A bit dated but very usable sounds
Had purchased it after the Hollywood Bundle. Ordinarily I recommend getting Hollywood over this because of the drier samples and, in my opinion, improved engineering. The instruments, even on close mic position, seem a bit wet. However the quality is consistent across each instrument. So if we consider Hollywood the successor then one of its competitors would be Miroslav Philharmonik 2. Choosing this library you get access to mic positions (if you chose platinum) and a very consistent quality across all your instruments. One thing Miroslav seems to beat Symphonic Orchestra is in its expressive and colorful sounds, particularly solo instruments. Overall, as an entire package, Symphonic still holds well to this day and is a nice, complete collection for your orchestral needs.
Yes, there are better and more realistic instruments. However you can get a fast, good, symphonic sound very quickly and easily with this. Like I mentioned previously, the Hollywood series are the successor to this. While it can be debated (Hollywood vs. Symphonic) there is no doubt the samples are more life-like in Hollywood. If you need something good and on a budget then you can't go wrong with East West Symphonic Orchestra.
Recorded by 11-time Grammy nominated classical recording engineer Prof. Keith O. Johnson, the EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA is the most awarded orchestral collection ever, including winning Sound On Sound's Reader's Choice Award an unprecedented 3-times, and the first orchestral collection to be recorded in a "state of the art" concert hall where orchestras mainly perform.
To achieve the feel of a live concert hall performance, each instrument and section was recorded with three mic positions, close, stage (conductor‘s position) and hall. By selecting different mic positions, users can mix these sounds together to create any kind of natural ambience their project requires. This eliminates the need for artificial reverb.
The EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA eclipses all others with the highest level of fidelity and realism. Get that big "Hollywood Sound" film/tv/games directors and producers seek "out of the box", no other orchestral collection comes close or is as easy to use!
- Four versions available:
- EWQLSO PLATINUM COMPLETE PLUS 24-BIT AND 16-BIT (194GB)
- EWQLSO PLATINUM COMPLETE 24-BIT (117GB)
- EWQLSO GOLD COMPLETE 16-BIT (33GB)
- EWQLSO SILVER COMPLETE 16-BIT (11GB)
- 64-bit (for 32-bit compatibility use PLAY 4)
- Intuitive custom interface
- Intelligent Performance section including Portamento, Repetition, Legato, Round Robin Reset
- Improved articulation window and controls
- On screen mic position mixing (Platinum and Platinum Plus only)
- Switchable 24-bit/16-bit depth (Platinum Plus only)
- State of the art Convolution Reverb with pre-delay and additional Master control to route reverb to all instruments in an instance
- Convolution includes concert hall orchestra was recorded in for additional control of hall ambience
- Intelligent release trail engine that follows the note-on samples volume at all times, so release trails always match
- Release trails unaffected by mod-wheel cross-fade programs, radical mod-wheel movements do not degrade release trails
- Recall custom key-switches instantly
- Key-switch sizes now unlimited
- State of the art sound quality with high-resolution audio engine
- Hi fidelity one pole filter for natural cross-fades
- Stereo image editing now possible using channel sourcing
- Licenses included to install each section on multiple computers (Platinum and Platinum Plus)
- Original and Pro XP expansion combined into "complete" PLAY version
- Completely re-programmed for PLAY software from the original recordings