Lynx Hilo Black Reference AD/DA Converter System with USB
- 4 Stores from $2,295.00 See prices updated 20 hours ago
- Audio Interfaces Ranked #105
- 0 setups using this
- 5 demo videos
Extremely versatile, 2-channel ADC/DAC, with a touchscreen LCD display, and high-end headphone amp.
The Hilo Reference A/D D/A Converter System from Lynx Studio Technology offers two channels of mastering-quality analog-to-digital conversion, up to eight channels of digital-to-analog conversion, a secondary monitor output, and a world class independent headphone amplifier, all with the pristine, transparent audio quality that Lynx is known for. Hilo (pronounced HE-low) comes in a compact half-rack size, with an innovative 480 x 272 touchscreen that provides a flexible and intuitive interface that will adapt to a particular application and can be easily upgraded with enhancements and updated features. Initial front panel controls support extensive signal routing and mixing, sample rate selection, clock source options, levels, metering, and diagnostic features.
The digital or analog inputs can be routed to three separate outputs, Line Output (with 8 trim settings), Monitor Output, and Headphone Output. The Monitor and Headphone Outputs have volume controls, accessible via faders on the touchscreen or the single knob on the front (offering control in ½ dB increments). The Headphone section has its own dedicated D/A converter. This supports the creation of 32-channel headphone mixes independent of the main and monitor outputs, as well as providing specifications that rival those of dedicated headphone amps costing $1500 and more.
The digital section offers a wide range of inputs. AES/EBU inputs and outputs have transformer isolated balanced XLR connectors. SPDIF input and output are available via transformer-coupled coax or optical (TOSLINK) connections. The Optical ports can also be used for up to eight ADAT channels. The ADAT input and output channels are completely independent from the AES/EBU or S/PDIF coax channels. The Lynx LT-USB LSlot accessory is also included, for computer connectivity. Lynx's low jitter SynchroLock word clock is also included, with Word Clock in and out connections available.
In total, Hilo has 12 total inputs, 16 total outputs plus 32 channels possible via its LSlot port. The unit's FPGA powers its internal 32-channel mixer, which allows Hilo to offer the most versatile I/O and routing available in a two-channel converter.
In contrast to the concentrated and intricate back panel, Hilo's front panel is elegant in its simplicity. It has a power switch, headphone jack, multipurpose control and a 480 x 272 pixel high resolution LCD touchscreen. This high-resolution screen handles the basic settings and routing functions, clocking and level settings.
A second meter screen shows just two larger bar-graph style stereo bar meters. Any input or output set can be assigned to each meter. In addition to bar-graph meters common on most converters, Hilo's touchscreen is able to show more traditional metering types, such as old style VU meters. As with all other Lynx products, Hilo is FPGA based, meaning new features, capabilities and graphics can be added at any time with a simple download.
Real Time Spectrum Analyzer
Utilizing Hilo’s 480 x 272 pixel LCD Screen, this RTA has the capabilities of standalone units that can cost $1000 or more. Utilizing the standard AES designated frequencies and standards, this is a great added tool for Hilo. You have the option of two display styles, Rainbow (shown above) or Standard Meter colors. The Peak hold can be set at Auto (refreshed every second) or Manual, where the peak hold indicators are reset using a button on the screen. You can also boost or cut the program material in 3dB increments for the best viewing.
The RTA is a fourth available meter screen, along with the Analog VU, Horizontal and All I/O options.
Menu support in French, Spanish, German and Chinese
With the help of our distributors we have developed completely translated Menu Sets in several languages. Again the innovative touch screen allows Hilo to offer a feature not available on any other converter.
All menus, sub menus, meters and other screens have been translated for Version 7.
- Hilo is a 3 in one unit - AD converter, DA converter and Headphone Amp with its own dedicated D/A converter
- There are three unique sets of analog outputs: main analog output, monitor output (with volume) and headphone output (with volume)
- The flexible digital I/O section offers the choice of AES/EBU, SPDIF by coax or TOSLINK optical, or ADAT formats
- The innovative design of the analog stage and converter topology allow ultra low noise and distortion specifications
- A 480 x 272 pixel LCD touch screen for operation and monitoring
- A 32 -channel internal mixer in the updatable FPGA
- 12 Total inputs, 16 total outputs plus 32 channels possible via LSlot
- AC Powered with Battery operation available
- Open ended software for future measurement, metering, diagnostic, and personalization features using the touch screen LCD
- Silver color design
4 AVAILABLE FROM
* Product prices and availability are updated by Equipboard every 24hrs and are subject to change. Equipboard may receive compensation for purchases made at participating retailers linked on this site. This compensation does not affect what products or prices are displayed, or the order of prices listed. Learn more here.
Trusted musician and artist reviews for Lynx Hilo Black Reference AD/DA Converter System with USB
Based on 1 Review and 2 Ratings