The Roland JV-1080 is a worldwide standard in high-powered, two space synthesizer modules. Used on more recordings than any other module in history, the JV-1080 boasts a full range of acclaimed Roland sounds, as well as four expansion slots. read more
Recommend Related Items & Pairings
This is where you can recommend to readers an alternative - or gear that goes with - Roland JV-1080. What gear sounds similar, is less expensive, higher-end or boutique, etc.?ADD YOUR RECOMMENDATION
2 AVAILABLE FROM
* Product prices and availability are updated by Equipboard every 24hrs and are subject to change. Equipboard may receive compensation for purchases made at participating retailers linked on this site. This compensation does not affect what products or prices are displayed, or the order of prices listed. Learn more here.
Found 0 artists
best price to performance ratio unit I've found.
I just added this synth to my rack, it wasn't that much money and I needed something for my SR-JV80 Cards as I was getting tired of swapping them out of the JD990. Wow I really didn't expect much from the synth engine on this unit but I'm very impressed. I've been using it for a lot of disco house basslines because it is so snappy and sits just right when I'm mixing with all the my other tracks. This is proving to be a real swiss army synth and probably the best price:performance ratio purchases I've ever made.
Good but the Roland JD is way better
I was a bit disappointed with this one. I got this synth after I read that Janne Wirman from Children of Bodom used one of these live. The display is small for a 2-unit rack and it is really not that easy to navigate through the functions. Also, the manual is near to incomprehensible. Interestingly enough, both my JV-1080 and my JD-990 have the vintage synth expansion card on board, but when I compare the same patches, the JD sounds so much better, even though it's an older synth! In all honesty, this rack does have some great sounds for electronic music and some drums loops are killer.
My first Synth Rack
I use this synthesizer a lot in my covers and remixes, i consider it as a favorite of mine.
I use 4 expansion cards, Vintage, Pop, World, Orchestral, in which my favorite VG Composers Grant Kirkhope and Graeme Norgate use it on there work a lot in the early to mid 2000s.
1 Community Gear Photo
The Roland JV-1080 is a worldwide standard in high-powered, two space synthesizer modules. Used on more recordings than any other module in history, the JV-1080 boasts a full range of acclaimed Roland sounds, as well as four expansion slots.
- Pro sound module with 64-voice polyphony and 16-part multitimbral operation
- Four expansion board slots for use with SR-JV80-Series Expansion Boards
- Large display for easy access to comprehensive editing parameters
- Built-in reverb, chorus and 40 different "insert" effects such as rotary, phaser, pitch shift and tempo delay, plus ring modulation
- Note that this product is no longer in production. Similar capabilities can be found in the XV-5050 64-Voice Synthesizer Module.