The Moog Mother-32 is the first tabletop semi-modular synthesizer from Moog. It is a distinctive analog instrument that adds raw analog sound, sequencing and extensive interconnectivity to any electronic or modular ecosystem. This expansive new li... read more
Found 0 artists
This is a brilliant product both as a standalone and as a great introduction into modular synthesis (eurorack specifically), the only downside is there is no overdrive a la minimoog/voyager and when increasing the resonance the overall volume is decreased. The assign output on the patch bay has numerous capability as it can be a number of things programmed in different ways such as a noise/random generator, also the step sequencer on this is incredible and even at the price it is it is still a bargain when you think of how much it would cost to buy this as individual modules.
Mother-32 is a distinctively vintage-voiced semi-modular analog performance and production synthesizer. It is meticulously handcrafted to inspire unique sound creation, new music and endless sonic exploration.
During the prototype phase, Moog worked with 3 unique synthesists: Erika (Interdimensional Transmissions), Max Ravitz (Ghostly International), and Bana Haffar to produce a video that explores Mother-32’s vast capabilities. Through performance and sound design, each artist displays the extensive vocabulary found within Mother-32. All patches were performed live, with no overdubs.
Open thy wallet, then immediately open thy wallet again
Sounds great, just like a Moog should. As far as being an "all-in-one"eurorack synth.... it leaves a lot to be desired. You may be misled into thinking that having thirty-two patch points is pretty legit, but I found in practice that a lot of these patch points can be accessed via the front panel - in other words, you don't even need a cable to use a lot of the functions that have patch points. The reason for this is that Moog wants you to use the Mother alongside a eurorack system (or as the centerpiece of your euro system). I really just wanted to have a standalone semi-modular synth to do some experimental music with, and I don't think this is a great box for that purpose. I'm sure you can get weird with it paired up with a few other modules, but on its own it really just does the bread and butter analog monosynth stuff. That's fine, just not what I need.
Community Gear Photo
The Moog Mother-32 is the first tabletop semi-modular synthesizer from Moog. It is a distinctive analog instrument that adds raw analog sound, sequencing and extensive interconnectivity to any electronic or modular ecosystem. This expansive new live performance and production instrument is handcrafted in Asheville, NC and has been meticulously designed to provide musicians with a diverse array of creative tools to inspire new music, unique sound and endless sonic exploration.
Mother-32 comes secured in a rugged extruded aluminum enclosure with wood sides and features a voltage controlled 32-step sequencer with 64 sequence locations, definitive Moog low pass and high pass Ladder Filter, 2 voltage controlled mixers, a classic Moog oscillator with dual outputs, wide-range LFO with audio-rate modulation capability, MIDI input and MIDI to CV conversion, white noise, a modular patchbay with 32 patch-points for extended synthesis complexity and an assignable CV jack with 16 assignable sources.
• Semi-Modular design requires no patching for swift, inspired music creation
• Voltage Controlled 32 Step Sequencer with 64 Sequence Locations
• Low Pass & High Pass Moog Ladder Filter (20Hz–20kHz) with voltage controlled resonance
• External audio input for processing outside sound sources
• Definitive Moog oscillator with Pulse and Sawtooth wave outputs
• 5-pin MIDI input and MIDI to CV converter
• 32 Modular Patch Points (Includes 5 patch cables)
• 2 Voltage controlled mixers
• Superb companion to Werkstatt 01, Minitaur and other synthesizers
• Main module can be easily transferred into a Eurorack skiff or case
• Mount 2 or 3 units vertically with optional 2 and 3 Tier kits
• Complete solution for new Eurorack users – no other items required
- Voltage Controlled 32 Step Sequencer with 64 Sequence Locations
- Low Pass & High Pass Moog Ladder Filter (20Hz“20KHz) with voltage controlled resonance
- External audio input for processing outside sound sources
- Definitive Moog oscillator with Pulse and Sawtooth wave outputs
- 5-pin MIDI input and MIDI to CV converter
- 32 Modular Patch Points (Includes 5 patch cables)
- 2 Voltage controlled mixers
- White Noise
- Superb companion to Werkstatt 01, Minitaur and other synthesizers
- Main module can be easily transferred into any Eurorack skiff
- Mount 2 or 3 units vertically with optional 2 and 3 Tier kits