Refreshed Apollo with Duo Core processing.
Apollo 8 is an elegant update to one of the world' most popular professional audio interfaces ” delivering enhanced sound with the tone, feel, and flow of analog recording. This 18 x 24 Thunderbolt interface features onboard UAD-2 DUO processing, genuine UA analog design, and next-generation A/D and D/A conversion, putting class-leading sonic performance in a sleek new package.
Apollo 8 further distinguishes itself with Realtime UAD Processing and Unison technology, letting you record at near-zero latency through the full range of UAD plug-ins from Neve, Studer, Manley, Lexicon, and more ” including new mic preamp emulations from Neve, API and Universal Audio.* Apollo Expanded software now allows cascading up to four Apollos in a single system over Thunderbolt (Mac), so you can scale up your studio as your needs grow.
Next-Generation Apollo A/D and D/A Conversion
Apollo 8 improves upon the original Apollo' gold-standard audio quality with completely redesigned, class-leading A/D and D/A conversion ” giving you increased dynamic range and even lower THD. This results in breathtaking clarity, depth, and accuracy in your recordings, from tracking and overdubbing, to mixing and mastering.
Realtime UAD Plug-In Processing for Tracking, Mixing, and Mastering
While Apollo 8' œnatural sound is very open and transparent, it can quickly deliver a stunning range of classic analog tones and color via its Realtime UAD Processing. Available with UAD-2 DUO processing onboard, Apollo' DSP Acceleration allows for recording through UAD Powered Plug-Ins ” with as low as sub-2ms latency ” letting you monitor and œprint audio using classic analog emulations from Ampex, Lexicon, Manley, Neve, Roland, SSL, Studer, and more.*
The Apollo 8' bundled œRealtime Analog Classics Plus suite of UAD plug-ins gives you the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Raw Distortion, Softube Amp Rooms, legacy LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, and more, so you have a rack full of bonafide audio classics, right out of the box.
Using Apollo, UAD plug-ins are also available during mixing and mastering, putting UAD plug-ins (VST, RTAS, AU, AAX 64) at your disposal throughout the creative process.
Four Mic Preamps with Unison Technology
A Universal Audio breakthrough, Apollo 8' Unison technology gives you the tone of the world's most sought-after tube and solid state mic preamps ” including their impedance, gain stage œsweet spots, and component-level circuit behaviors.
Based on unprecedented hardware-software integration between Apollo' mic preamps and its onboard UAD plug-in processing, Unison lets you record through stunning emulations like the bundled UA 610-B Tube Preamp plug-in, or exclusive preamp emulations from API and Neve.
Unison technology is further enhanced in Apollo 8 to include its panel Hi-Z instrument inputs, giving you dead-on impedance and gain matching for new stompbox models.
Apollo Expanded and Console 2.0
Thanks to Apollo Expanded software, users of Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin, Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, and Apollo 16 audio interfaces can combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices ” adding I/O and DSP as their studio grows. Apollo Expanded also permits integration with previous generation Apollo over Thunderbolt.
With Apollo 8' Console 2.0 application ” a complete re-imagining of Apollo' original Console software ” you can take advantage of over 25 user-requested features such as Channel Strip presets, Drag & Drop functionality, dynamically resizable windows, and more.
Improved Monitoring and Workflow
Apollo 8 features a host of front-panel upgrades over the original Apollo, including Alt Speakers, Dim, and Mono functions as well as input and output metering capabilities via the new Meter button. These features combine with Apollo' system scalability to make it the new standard in professional multi-channel audio recording.
*All trademarks are recognized as property of their respective owners. Individual UAD Powered Plug-Ins sold separately.
- Next-generation Apollo A/D and D/A conversion for professional music production
- Onboard UAD-2 DUO Core DSP allows Realtime UAD Processing ” record through plug-ins from Neve, Lexicon, Studer, Marshall, Ampex, and more*
- 4 Unison-enabled mic preamps for tracking through preamp emulations from Neve, API, and Universal Audio*
- 18 x 24 Thunderbolt 2 audio interface for Mac with powerful Console 2.0 software control
- Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD devices total over Thunderbolt (Mac)
- Convenient front panel monitoring functions including Alt Speakers, Dim, and Mono
- Includes œRealtime Analog Classics Plus UAD plug-in bundle with 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Raw Distortion, Softube Amp Rooms, legacy LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, and more
- World class UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
2 AVAILABLE FROM
* Product prices and availability are updated by Equipboard every 24hrs and are subject to change. Equipboard may receive compensation for purchases made at participating retailers linked on this site. This compensation does not affect what products or prices are displayed, or the order of prices listed. Learn more here.
Found 0 artists
These converters are top notch, and the Unison pre's are next level.
I've had both a Twin, and a rack mount Apollo. Now, both are amazing but the new gen Apollo 8's are just killer. The Unison pre's allow for a wide tonal pallet, and amazing versatility with such a small footprint. Besides the fact that they sound almost identical to their hardware counterparts, the space factor makes this unit a no-brainer. If your running high end preamps already then an Apollo 16 might work better. If your considering buying one, do yourself a favor and stop waiting.