PreSonus AudioBox USB 2x2 Audio Recording Interface
The PreSonus AudioBox USB 2x2 USB recording system is an excellent solution for achieving high-quality, professional-sounding recordings no matter where you are. The AudioBox USB is a USB bus-powered audio recording interface loaded with 2 microph... read more
Found 0 artists
It works (For the Most Part) Don't Like it very Much (2 Stars)
The Headphone knob started scratching then stopped working properly just a Month after the warranty expired. Plus the Preamps, Instrument inputs Sound very Dull. Headphone Output seems Fine Though. Too Much Latency on Both Windows and Mac. Very Mediocre Interface for the Price.
Update June 2020, The headphone outputs is also very dull, Side by Side comparison with my 13" 2015 Macbook Pro proved that even the Laptop's headphone output Sounds better.
A good quality and basic interface.
I bought this interface to be able to practice without an amp and for recording into the computer. It works well and provides for the most basic controls when recording. There is some feedback when used with headphones, but that is the only inconsistency with this product.
The PreSonus AudioBox USB 2x2 USB recording system is an excellent solution for achieving high-quality, professional-sounding recordings no matter where you are. The AudioBox USB is a USB bus-powered audio recording interface loaded with 2 microphone/instrument inputs with 48V phantom power, 2 balanced TRS outputs, and MIDI I/O so you can stay portable without sacrificing your sound. The AudioBox USB also comes with Studio One Artist music creation and production software which has the same platform and intuitive interface as Studio One Pro but with an unlimited track count so you can start recording right out of the box.
PreSonus Audio has won numerous awards for designing quality microphone preamplifiers for all price levels. The AudioBox USB is loaded with preamps that deliver high headroom, low noise, and high gain to give you pure, full, and rich sound. Most USB recording devices operate at a 16-bit sample rate and use converters with dynamic ranges of less than 90dB which gives you a pinched and relatively small sound. The AudioBox USB, however, uses professional-grade analog to digital converters with a dynamic range of 102dB and 24-bit sample rate so that the digital conversion is big, quiet, and musical, making it one of the best sounding USB bus-powered interface on the market.
The AudioBox USB is bus-powered giving you the flexibility you need with no wall warts, line lumps, or power cables. Just plug in to a powered USB port and you are ready to record. The AudioBox USB is housed in an all-metal chassis with metal knobs able to withstand the rigors of travel and your touring adventures. Just toss the AudioBox USB in your laptop bag and mobilize your music creation and production. Whether you're recording your shows, creating a mix on the plane, or writing songs in your hotel room, the AudioBox is ready to go.
- 24-bit/44.1, 48k USB audio recording interface
- 2 Class A XMAX microphone/instrument preamplifiers
- 48V phantom power
- 2 balanced TRS outputs
- MIDI input/output
- Powered via USB
- Studio One Artist Software:
- Elegant, single-window work environment
- Powerful drag-and-drop functionality
- Unlimited audio tracks, MIDI tracks, virtual instruments, buses, and FX channels
- Content browser with convenient sort options and preview player
- Automatic delay compensation
- Advanced automation
- 32-bit audio processing
- Easy-to-use sidechain routing
- Stunning virtual instruments
- User-friendly sampler
- Most intuitive MIDI-mapping system available
- Realtime audio timestretching and resampling
- K-System metering
- Compatible with any ASIO-, Windows Audio-, or Core Audio-compliant audio interface
- Works with key commands from Pro Tools, Cubase, and Logic.
- Native Effects 32-bit effects library with 20 dynamics processors, reverbs, modulations effects, amp simulators, etc.
- Ampire - Amplifier-Modeling
- Auto Filter - Envelope Filter
- Beat Delay - Tempo-Synchronized Delay
- Binaural Pan - Stereo Panning Effect
- Channel Strip - Dynamics Processing and Equalizer
- Chorus - Mono/Stereo Chorus
- Compressor - Mono/Stereo Variable Compressor
- Flanger - Stereo/Mono Flanger
- Limiter - Mono/Stereo Limiter
- Mixtool - Phase and MS Utility
- MixVerb - Mono/Stereo Reverb
- Phase Meter phase-correlation analysis
- Phaser mono/stereo phaser
- Pro EQ 7-band parametric EQ
- Red Light Distortion distortion processor
- Room Reverb stereo/mono room reverb
- Spectrum Meter frequency analyzer
- Tricomp 3-band compressor
- Tuner instrument tuner
- X-Trem mono/stereo tremolo
- Four virtual instruments
- Impact Sample Trigger Drum Instrument with 32 drum kits by Ueberschall
- Presence Sample Player Virtual Instrument with 200 sampled instruments by Digital Sound Factory
- SampleOne Sampler Virtual Instrument
- Mojito Analog-Modeling Subtractive Synthesizer
- Native Instruments Kore Player with 150 instruments
- Native Instruments Guitar Rig LE