Found 0 artists
I was a little on the fence when I first bought this unit. I wanted to capture the tone from the intro of "Time Spent In Los Angeles" by Dawes, which was famously recorded with an original BOSS VB-2 Vibrato. Unfortunately, the original units go for around $550 USD now and climbing, and the Waza Craft versions are also in the $350 neighborhood. I couldn't justify the cost to recreate one song. I saw Josh Scott (JHS Pedals)' video about the Behringer range. And he was most excited about this particular pedal. And he SWORE they were the EXACT same pedal. So with his recommendation, at $40 I couldn't say no. It's not 100% the same, but it's 99% of the way there. The casing is plastic, which worries me long term, but it's solid for now and at that price can always be replaced down the line. Definitely worth a look.
Regardless of price this is one of the best vibrato pedals on the market. The only problem is its made of plastic and not built to last. I would recommend upgrading to the BOSS VB-2W if you are going to be gigging with it regularly, if its just for home use you can't beat the Behringer for the price.
Behringer Ultra Vibrato UV300 (with Slow Rate mod)
I have this pedal with the slow rate modification toggle and that's why I give it five stars! The mod is definitely necessary as the stock is just not slow enough. I can achieve a Magnatone vibrato (mod off) as well as some wicked violent whammy bar sounds. With the mod on a can get beautiful subtle whammy bar dips. I LOVE the untatched mode to bring the effect in and out as needed. Very cool pedal!
- Experience classic and mind-bending, dimensional vibrato effects of the '60s and '70s
- This BEHRINGER product has been designed to compete head to head with leading products on the market
- Dedicated Depth, Rate, Rise and Mode controls for awesome sound shaping
- Status LED for effect on/off and battery check
- Runs on 9 V battery or the BEHRINGER PSU-SB DC power supply (not included)
- First-class electronic On/Off switch for highest signal integrity in bypass mode