Presonus Firestudio Project
The FireStudio Project is a premium computer recording interface combining 8 Class A XMAX mic preamps, 24-bit/96kHz audio resolution, a zero-latency matrix DSP router/mixer, and Studio One Artist software. Great for professional studio recording, ... read more
Found 0 artists
The FireStudio Project is a premium computer recording interface combining 8 Class A XMAX mic preamps, 24-bit/96kHz audio resolution, a zero-latency matrix DSP router/mixer, and Studio One Artist software. Great for professional studio recording, live recording, performance, podcasting and more, the PreSonus FireStudio Project is designed for flexibility and ultra-high sonic performance. Speaking of flexibility, the FireStudio Project interface can be daisy-chained to any other member of PreSonus' FireStudio series products (except the FP10).
Note: As of 5/26/09, you can make your FireStudio Project 64-bit compatible via a PreSonus web update.
Based on the award-winning FP10 (formerly the FirePod) the FireStudio Project starts with eight PreSonus Class A XMAX microphone preamplifiers found in the FP10 and adds the following improvements:
â?¢Improved analog to digital converters (114dB dynamic range) for more headroom and cleaner sound
â?¢Improved synchronization with JetPLL (jitter elimination technology) for more accurate sound
â?¢FireControl Mixer/Router to send up to five separate zero-latency stereo mixes to musicians during recording
â?¢Three-segment LED input metering on all analog channels for instant audio feedback
â?¢Internal IEC-based power supply for easy portability and compatibility
â?¢Studio One Artist music creation and production software which has the same platform and intuitive interface as Studio One Pro but with an unlimited track count, BFD Lite, Wave Arts Plug-ins, and more
XMAX Class A Preamplifiers
The FireStudio Project starts with eight custom-designed high-voltage, discrete, XMAX Class A microphone preamplifiers. PreSonus knows that your preamps are a key component in the sonic quality of your recordings. The job of a microphone preamplifier is to boost microphone level signals to line level so that the signal can be converted from analog to digital. This mic to line boost is generally a preamplification of over 400 times the voltage of the original mic level signal. This preamplification stage is one of the most important stages that the signal will go through before converted to digital, and is why a high performance preamplifier is important to achieving great results. A cheap off-the-shelf, op-amp type preamp found in most interfaces translates into thin, noisy, and harsh results. With the XMAX preamp you get full-sounding, true-to-life sonic performance to serve your music best.
DICE II and JetPLL advanced platform technology
The FireStudio Project is loaded with the ultra-powerful DICE II FireWire chipset delivering 10 channels of professional-quality 24-bit inputs and outputs simultaneously. The strength of the DICE II chip lies with its ability to easily handle high channel count at high bit-rate while minimizing latency and load on your computer.
The synchronization of the FireStudio Project is handled by patented JetPLL jitter reduction technology. JetPLL incorporates noise shaping to virtually remove all audio band jitter. JetPLL ensures the highest converter performance possible, resulting in better stereo separation and clearer more transparent audio. JetPLL delivers ultra-fast locking to any digital format, through a wide range of frequencies and is extremely robust, and tolerant of wide variations in clock frequencies. JetPLL ensures near perfect clock performance when networking audio devices thus creating the most stable and robust synchronization to the computer and all devices synchronization with the FireStudio Project.
FireControl-zero-latency DSP mixing and routing
The FireStudio Project also includes the FireControl mixer/router: an 18x10 DSP-based application for flexible mixing and direct routing of any input to any output (including the headphone output) with zero latency. The FireControl software application lives between your FireStudio Project interface and your DAW software enabling the mixing and routing of input streams coming into your FireStudio Studio Project interface and playback stream coming from your DAW software. The FireControl is capable of creating up to five stereo mixes and then routing to the outputs of your FireStudio Project for headphone mixes and various aux sends. It allows you to provide everyone in the band with a custom mix.
Also, the FireStudio Project is loaded with internal flash memory so that all FireControl settings are saved and recalled in the FireStudio Project during power off/on. This allows you to configure your FireStudio as a standalone device, without being connected to a computer for uses such as a submixer, A/D and D/A-converter, headphone mixer, format converter, instrument, or microphone preamplifier.
Studio One Artist-Plus Gigabytes of Creative Resources
The FireStudio Mobile recording system is bundled with an exceptional software package featuring PreSonus Studio One Artist DAW software for Mac OS X and Windows XP and Vista. It makes producing high-quality projects easier than ever before. As part of the Studio One Artist package, you get 20 new PreSonus Native Effects plug-ins and virtual instruments, and a generous bundle of third-party loops, software, and instrument sounds.
- High-Speed FireWire (IEEE 1394) audio interface
- Up to 96K sampling rate
- Improved synchronization with JetPLL (jitter elimination technology)
- 8 XMAX Class A microphone preamplifiers (+60dB gain) w/Trim Control
- Improved analog to digital converters (114dB dynamic range)
- 8 analog mic/line inputs
- 2 instrument inputs
- 8 analog line outputs
- S/PDIF digital input and output
- MIDI input and output
- Balanced Send/Return for channels 1 and 2
- Up to 5 separate zero latency stereo mixes with FireControl Mixer/Router
- Separate balanced main outputs and 8 balanced analog outputs
- Free Studio One Artist software and more
- Internal IEC-based power supply
- Three-segment LED input metering on all analog channels
- Studio One Artist
- Elegant, single-window work environment
- Powerful drag-and-drop functionality
- Unlimited audio tracks, MIDI tracks, virtual instruments, buses, and FX channels
- Content browser with convenient sort options and preview player
- Automatic delay compensation
- Advanced automation
- 32-bit audio processing
- Easy-to-use sidechain routing
- Stunning virtual instruments
- User-friendly sampler
- Most intuitive MIDI-mapping system available
- Realtime audio timestretching and resampling
- K-System metering
- Compatible with any ASIO-, Windows Audio-, or Core Audio-compliant audio interface
- Works with key commands from Pro Tools, Cubase, and Logic.
- Native Effects 32-bit effects library with 20 dynamics processors, reverbs, modulations effects, amp simulators, etc.
- Ampire - Amplifier-Modeling
- Auto Filter - Envelope Filter
- Beat Delay - Tempo-Synchronized Delay
- Binaural Pan - Stereo Panning Effect
- Channel Strip - Dynamics Processing and Equalizer
- Chorus - Mono/Stereo Chorus
- Compressor - Mono/Stereo Variable Compressor
- Flanger - Stereo/Mono Flanger
- Limiter - Mono/Stereo Limiter
- Mixtool - Phase and MS Utility
- MixVerb - Mono/Stereo Reverb
- Phase Meter phase-correlation analysis
- Phaser mono/stereo phaser
- Pro EQ 7-band parametric EQ
- Red Light Distortion distortion processor
- Room Reverb stereo/mono room reverb
- Spectrum Meter frequency analyzer
- Tricomp 3-band compressor
- Tuner instrument tuner
- X-Trem mono/stereo tremolo
- Four virtual instruments
- Impact Sample Trigger Drum Instrument with 32 drum kits by Ueberschall
- Presence Sample Player Virtual Instrument with 200 sampled instruments by Digital Sound Factory
- SampleOne Sampler Virtual Instrument
- Mojito Analog-Modeling Subtractive Synthesizer
- Native Instruments Kore Player with 150 instruments
- Native Instruments Guitar Rig LE
- Toontrack EZdrummer Lite