Mackie CR4 4-Inch Creative Pair of Reference Multimedia Monitors
Mackie CR4 4" Creative Reference Multimedia Monitors are designed for multimedia creation and entertainment, delivering studio-quality design and performance in sleek, small-footprint designs. Featuring 50 watts of power and premium components lik... read more
Great monitors for video producers, but you cannot work with them for audio producing.
This pair of monitors has a lot of pros and some contra. SOUND: is well balanced; the tweeter is very clear and brilliant and the woofer has a good range but actually they really miss a lot some subs frequencies. You really need a sub-woofer to reach some audio results so you always need to listen your audio products away from this audio system. That's a bit boring and that's why I vote them 3/5. CONSTRUCTION: they are really well crafted. They don't weight too much and they are really compact. FEATURES: I really loved the multimedia possibilities that they offer: an RCA in; the aux output and the headphones out permitted me to record in the same room with the guitarist/singer and listen to it with two pairs of headphones without any kind of splitters.
I recommend this product to people who need a pair of clear audio monitors for producing more professional videos or simple audio productions (like podcasts). If you want to set-up an home recording studio, well save a bit more money and buy other monitors.
Amazing Speakers, but need a good subwoofer to sound complete.
I found my low end to be lacking before I added a subwoofer to my setup. Considering I make dance music, it's pretty essential to hear the bass. However, I will say that for producing 90% of a track, these speakers are perfect. With an additional sub added to cover the very low frequencies, you can really hear every little part of your track as you create it with the help of these monitors.
Mackie CR4 4" Creative Reference Multimedia Monitors are designed for multimedia creation and entertainment, delivering studio-quality design and performance in sleek, small-footprint designs. Featuring 50 watts of power and premium components like a sound-enhancing high-frequency waveguide, Creative Reference monitors ensure pristine, accurate sound for any application. Choose which side of your desk gets the volume knob with CR's speaker placement switch and take advantage of convenient front-panel features like a dedicated input for smartphone playback. Plus, you get all the cables you need to get started right out of the box. With Mackie Creative Reference monitors, you get professional sound quality and features in compact desk-friendly designs perfect for work, play and everything in between.
- Studio-quality design, sound and performance ideal for multimedia creation and entertainment
- Professional-grade components for optimized sonic performance
- 50 watts of clean, articulate stereo sound
- 4³ polypropylene-coated woofer
- .75³ ferrofluid-cooled silk-dome tweeter
- Ultra-wide frequency range perfect for full-range multimedia (70Hz - 20kHz)
- Choose which side of your desk gets the volume knob with CR4's convenient speaker placement switch
- Convenient front panel volume knob with lit power ring gives you on/off/volume control and power indication where you need it
- Plug your smartphone or other source right into the front of the speakers and listen instantly
- Front-facing headphone jack auto-defeats speaker output and provides tactile headphone volume control
- A choice of inputs for simple connection to almost any audio source (1/4", 1/8", RCA)
- Smooth waveguide design delivers unmatched clarity and sound dispersion at all listening levels
- Custom-tuned rear ports for smooth, even bass extension
- All-wood cabinet provides a natural sonic character superior to low-grade plastic designs
- Included accessories:
- Acoustic isolation pads minimize boomy bass build-up and provide up/down tilt control for more focused listening
- 1/8³ to stereo RCA cable to connect computer output to speakers
- 1/8³ to 1/8³ cable to connect a smartphone or media player to front panel of speakers
- Speaker-to-speaker cable