EarthQuaker Devices Afterneath
Reverb that reverberates.
The Afterneath is an otherworldly reverberation machine that uses a swarm of short delays to create wild and cavernous reverbs and scattered, short rhythmic delays with bizarre characteristics. The reverb created is be... read more
Found 0 artists
AMAZING EVEN IF YOU'RE DUMB LIKE ME
The Afterneath can create any kind of vibe, from feeling like youre inside a cave or in the space, it has a lot of knobs so you can be really creative with it and even if youre not creative the pedal does the job for you, i really like the "drag" knob, where you can move it mid songs and creates a cool effect.
another crazy ambient guitar pedal I should ahte
but I liked the transmisser so much on synths, electric piano and for use as a mono ethereal verb when mixing (break out your reamp gear kids) that I bought an afterneath without trying it first and was equally impressed. Again, not my thing on guitar, but a great tool with older synths and also during mix-down (especially on vocals where there's space). I could explain the control set and give my impressions of it, but the afterneath creates echoes so out of this world that it is better experienced than spoken about.
Haunting and beautiful
I never want to turn this off. I want to strike a note or chord with this thing in the morning, and be able to have this pedal's magic work on it in the background of my whole day. It would be Brian Eno's most effortless album, but it would probably also be the best.
Needs a fix
This is the most amazing sounding pedal on earth.
The ONLY thing though is that the drag-knob/pre-delay needs fixing so that there is ZERO pre-delay between when you play and when the reverb "activates."
Love this pedal's sound. Functionality/versatility needs tweaking.
5 Videos Uploaded
Reverb that reverberates.
The Afterneath is an otherworldly reverberation machine that uses a swarm of short delays to create wild and cavernous reverbs and scattered, short rhythmic delays with bizarre characteristics. The reverb created is beyond massive and goes well beyond the territory of most reverb pedals. The controls allow you to stretch, smudge, swell and even self-oscillate into messy ambient washes of sound.
The Length control adjusts the decay of the reverb; anything from shorter hall through endless plate style reverbs can be achieved. The Reflect knob controls the regeneration, basically feeding the output back through to create an even deeper otherworldly dreamscape. The Drag control lets you pull the reverb through time by slowing down or speeding up the reverb. The Diffuse knob adds control over spread of the reverb ranging from identifiable attack to a wash of smooth reverb. The Dampen control adjusts the tone of the reverb, both stinging bright tones and warmer swell.
The end result is an ethereal, ambient wash that goes from hall to an infinite glitched-out orchestra pit warming up in a canyon at the bottom of another canyon inside a well. The Afterneath is true bypass with an all digital reverb engine, all analog dry signal path and hand made one at a time in Akron, Ohio.
- Length: Controls the decay length of the reverb.
- Diffuse: Adjusts the spread of the reverb. Sharper with more attack counter clockwise, more ambient and washy as you turn it clockwise.
- Dampen: Clockwise for brighter tones, counter clockwise for darker tones.
- Drag: This digital reverb is made up of a bunch of short delays, this separates the delay lines creating a stuttering, pingy effect. This is the coolest control on the Afterneath, we highly advise slowly turning this while you let notes ring out for a cool warped speed effect. More delay as you turn it counter clockwise, more reverb as you turn it clockwise.
- Reflect: Controls the regeneration of the reverb, turn clockwise for more wash and echos, counterclockwise for less. This will self oscillate if turned up high.