Xotic Effects RC Booster
The RC Booster offers a super transparent 20db+ clean boost with an adjustable ±15dB two band active EQ that adds a wide range of harmonic content to your ideal sound. As a clean boost, it can enha... read more
Newer and Related Items
Recommended by the community. ADD YOUR RECOMMENDATION
The RC Booster offers a super transparent 20db+ clean boost with an adjustable ±15dB two band active EQ that adds a wide range of harmonic content to your ideal sound. As a clean boost, it can enhance other pedals, such as "overdrive and distortion pedals," or you can crank the gain for a "crunch" sound. But, the RC Booster is so extremley transparent that many players find they leave it on all the time. It also features true bypass for eliminating any signal interference when switched off.
- Active Treble, Bass ,Gain and Volume controls allow for limitless tone shaping
- Offers a super transparent 20db+ clean boost and a ±15db 2 band active EQ without ever compromising the integrity of the original tone
- Provides a solution to sound degradation, caused by long instrument cables and/or long effect chains between guitar and amp, by strengthening the original signal
- True bypass for eliminating any signal interference when switched off
3 AVAILABLE FROM
* Product prices and availability are updated by Equipboard every 24hrs and are subject to change. Equipboard may receive compensation for purchases made at participating retailers linked on this site. This compensation does not affect what products or prices are displayed, or the order of prices listed. Learn more here.
Found 0 artists
Just leave it ON all the time!
I'll keep this one short 'n sweet: This pedal is the "Secret Sauce" of my entire effects chain and overall tone! I never turn it off. The day I added it to my pedalboard was like the proverbial clouds lifting and the sunlight breaking through! When other cats we'd gig with asked about it, I'd always tell them that it's like removing a huge blanket covering your speakers--it's night and day difference. I used to run it in front of the amp, but after seeing some studio cat run his through his amp's effects loop, I tried it in there and haven't looked back. Sounds so much better (and bigger) in the efx loop! And even though the "RC Booster" stands for "Really Clean Booster" (and it really is super-clean), this stomp allows one to add a little hair to their signal via the 'Gain' knob if you don't like your cleans too pristine. Would buy it again in a heartbeat, and won't leave home without it!
From Gear Setup:
edited almost 6 years ago
An awesome lead boost pedal
My xotic RC Booster is quite different from the original. Mine is homemade by my father and it has a different chip in it. The chip that's in the normal RC Booster has a Mosfet-preamp. Mine has a J-fet preamp which makes it a little warmer and more responsive than the normal RC Booster. I use it for a lead boost for both my Brian May and hard rock sounds. I love this thing to pieces!
It's really an overdrive. Or is it?
Sure you can use it as a clean boost, and it sounds great and transparent. But give it just a bit of gain and it produces a really full, compressed sounding tone that's not quite overdrive, but not quite clean. I have two overdrives and two distortions, but this little pedal surprised me. Now I'm using it as much as any of the other drives. It also does a fantastic job of goosing the overdrive and distortion pedals. Xotic is killing it with some awesome products!