- Normal volume control on clean channel
- 3-band passive EQ (bass, middle, treble)
- One 15 inch Blue Marvel speaker
- Master reverb
- Pre- and post-gain controls on lead channel
- Effects loop
- Classic tweed covering
- Chrome-plated chassis
- 2-channel preamp
- External speaker jack
- Tremolo with speed and intensity
- All-tube (three 12AX7 and four EL84 tubes)
- 30 watts into 16 or 8 ohms
- Boost switch
- Footswitch selectable channel switching, tremolo, reverb and boost
2 AVAILABLE FROM
* Product prices and availability are updated by Equipboard every 24hrs and are subject to change. Equipboard may receive compensation for purchases made at participating retailers linked on this site. This compensation does not affect what products or prices are displayed, or the order of prices listed. Learn more here.
Great-sounding clean amp with lots of headroom
I love this amp for what it is: a Blues machine. It has a great touch sensitivity and can give you clear, singing tone with some good, gut-punch bottom end when you need it. I also like the spring reverb. It can go from just-a-hint to cavern and all points in between.
The vibrato is usable, but it's not quite up to the quality of, say, a Fender Custom Reverb's.
It's also LOUD. I can't play it at home past 3 without using an attenuater. For that reason, it's kind of difficult to overdrive it, and I think I'm going to have to get a pedal for that. Not that I would put a drive pedal there, but since the amp has an effects loop, I feel pretty confident it will take pedals well. I'll update this review when I try that.